Interesting Facts About A Remarkable Nation
South Africa’s value proposition
- Africa’s most industrialised economy. It is the region’s principal manufacturing hub and a leading services destination.
- Highly diversified economic structure in terms of sectoral composition.
- One of the most open economies in the world (ratio of exports and imports to GDP exceeds 58%). Preferential access to numerous global markets.
- Endowed with an abundance of natural resources.
- An extensive and modern infrastructure network.
- Sophisticated banking sector with a major footprint in Africa. It is the continent’s financial hub.
- Offers a supportive and growing ecosystem as a hub for innovation, technology and fintech.
SOUTH AFRICAN ECONOMY: COUNTLESS INVESTMENT AND TRADING OPPORTUNITIES
- A bird’s-eye view of the economy and investment activity
- The economy is on a recovery path after the Covid-19 crisis
- An export-oriented economy
- Positioned to benefit considerably from the African Continental Free Trade Area
- Committed to a sustainable and inclusive future
SECTORS FOR INVESTMENTS
- Agriculture and agro-processing
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN SOUTH AFRICA
1.VIBRANT EMERGING MARKET
• One of the most sophisticated and promising emerging markets
• Affluent consumer base, growing middle class
• Industrial base to drive long-term returns on investment
2. MOST DEVELOPED ECONOMY IN AFRICA
• Most industrialised and diversified economy on the continent
• Principal manufacturing hub in Africa
• Leading services destination
3. LARGEST PRESENCE OF MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS IN AFRICA
• Location of choice for multinationals in Africa
• Supportive ecosystem as a hub for innovation, technology and fintech
4. PROGRESSIVE CONSTITUTION AND INDEPENDENT JUDICIARY
• Mature, accessible legal system provides certainty, respect for rule of law
• Sound regulatory framework adhering to international standards
5. PROVIDES INVESTORS ACCESS TO GLOBAL MARKETS
• Several trade agreements support export market growth prospects
• Export potential boosted by African Continental FTA
6. ABUNDANT NATURAL RESOURCES
• Large and diversified mineral resource endowment
• Home to several listed mining companies
• World-renowned underground mining Expertise
7. ADVANCED FINANCIAL SERVICES AND BANKING SECTOR
• Sophisticated banking system with major footprint across Africa
• Continent’s financial hub
• Home to Africa’s largest stock exchange by market capitalisation
8. WORLD-CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS
• Highly developed economic infrastructure
• Largest networks of air- and seaports, as well as logistics in Africa
• Large infrastructure development programme under way
9. YOUNG, EAGER LABOUR FORCE
• World-class tertiary education system producing a skilled, talented and capable workforce
• Diversified skills set
• Strong skills development support system
10. EXCELLENT QUALITY OF LIFE
• Favourable cost of living
• Generally superb weather all year
• Diversified cultural, cuisine and sports offering
• World-class hospitality sector