The president proclaimed the election date on 25 February 2014.
· No Further Registration can take place, if you are not registered, you are not able to vote
· The date for the International polling will be 30 April 2014 and no other date is permitted.
· You may only cast your vote at the South African Embassy in Ankara, Turkey and no other location.
· You must fill out a VEC 10 form online to be able to cast a vote abroad. This form will temporarily change your voting station for this election.
· This form must be completed and submitted by Midnight on 12 March 2014.
· The form can be accessed on the IEC’s website www.elections.org.za (the link is on the home page and is easy to find)
Further information will be communicated to you. However, we strongly encourage you to monitor the South African Embassies website for updates to ensure that you are properly informed, www.southafrica.org.tr
Download Madiba Moments, Brand South Africa’s e-book biography of Nelson Mandela, which tells the great man’s life story in photographs, from his childhood in Qunu through marriage, political activism, imprisonment and then triumph as a world statesman. Some of the photographs are famous, some you will not have seen before, but together they provide a touching guide to the life of a South African icon.
You can download and read the e-book by clicking on the cover below.
Since achieving liberation in 1994, South Africa has made tremendous strides in bringing about political stability and building a better life for all its citizens.
We have a vibrant, growing and competitive economy supported by world class infrastructure, strong macro economic fundamentals and healthy public finances.
Currently, our economy is experiencing its longest upswing in recent history. Since 2004 our economic growth rate has been five fold the pre-1994 growth rate.
South Africa is also a fast growing and popular tourist destination, offering the visitor an unforgettable and hospitable cultural and culinary experience. South Africa is home to Africa’s busiest airport, the O.R. Tambo International Airport, which handles more than 10 million passengers a year.
We have a globally competitive financial services industry. The JSE Securities Exchange, our country’s equity and derivatives exchange, holds a treasured position as one of the top 20 exchanges in the world in terms of market capitalization.
South Africa also boasts modern transportation and logistics systems as well as advanced information and communication technologies infrastructure.
Our role as the Embassy is to promote and facilitate government to government relations with Turkey, Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan. Similarly, we seek to promote trade and investment relations and to provide consular and immigration assistance.