Happy Heritage Day South Africa!
Heritage Day on 24 September recognizes and celebrates the cultural wealth of the nation by remembering the cultural heritage of the many cultures that make up the population of South Africa.
South Africa celebrates Heritage Day under the theme: “The Year of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela: Advancing transformation of South Africa’s heritage landscape.”
South Africans should take pride by living in a country with the following eight declared World Heritage sites:
- Fossil Hominid Sites of South Africa
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- Robben Island
- Maluti-Drakensberg Park
- Mapungubwe Cultural Landscape
- Cape Floral Region Protected Areas
- Vredefort Dome
- Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape
- Khomani Cultural Landscape